Welcome to the new series: How to live by the Names of Allah!
Today we reveal the first Name we will memorize, understand and implement in our lives: ALLAH.
Our motives for studying the Names of Allah
Every week we will choose one of the Beautiful Names of Allah [swt] to memorize and discuss its influence on our life.
Our goals of Memorizing & Understanding the 99 Names, one by one, each week:
- To get closer to Allah [swt] through this Name;
To link every second of our life to the Most Beautiful Names of Allah [swt];
To know Allah and consequently love Him, fear Him obey His orders and submit to His decree;
To understand the Names of Allah [swt] with our heart;
By knowing Allah [swt] we will try to perfect all our deeds.
If we know Allah [swt] we will know the purpose of our life!
The Meaning of the Name ‘Allah’
The word Allah means “the Being Who comprises all the attributes of perfection”, the Being Who possesses the best and the noblest qualities imaginable in the highest degree. This is supported by the Quran:
“His are the best (or most beautiful) names.” (17:110; 20:8; and 7:180)
Allah is a proper name, not derived from anything and the Al is inseparable from it. The word al-ilah (the god) is a different word.
The word Allah is unique and it is the Name which refers to the Being Himself as His personal name.
Amazing Facts about the Name ‘Allah’ :
– The Name ‘Allah’ is the only Name of Allah, the rest are all Attributes!
– The first and the last Word of the Adhan is ‘Allah’..
– The first word of Salah is ‘Allah’..
– In a typical Salah [namaz], the word that comes most is ‘Allah’..
– The beginning of our life starts with ‘Allah’ (the adhan)..
– and the end of our life should be..’la ilaha illa Allah’..!
Free welcome surprise!
To find out more amazing facts and a beautiful story about the Arabic Word ‘Allah’ sign up to our newsletter and receive a free welcome gift to this series.
So remember, the first Name we memorize, understand and live by is: