We have so many reasons to say ‘’alhamdulillah’’ this month! For starters, our program is now running in one of the teaching halls in the basement of Al-Masjid Al Haram. A team of teachers, including volunteers from Jeddah, are teaching our courses in Urdu, Bangla, Tamil, Malayalam, and English.
New Schools, Study Groups, and Learning Products
In addition, we now teach our course in six new schools in Hyderabad. For new schools, we provide a teacher (whose salary we pay), but we ask the school to take over after a couple of months. We ask Allah to bless us with more resources so that we can provide more support to these schools.
In addition to the 140 schools in India we now provide our courses in 140 schools in India, three in Saudi Arabia, one in Mauritius, and one in Hong Kong.
Another promising development in India is the use of our syllabus in small, informal study groups that meet weekly to study Quran together. Brother Qurram (firstname.lastname@example.org) is offering his help to organize the study circles in India and update them with the guidelines. Please email him if you’re conducting a study circle or attending one.
In September in Hyderabad we conducted a teachers’ training program in which 14 teachers were trained. The demand for these courses is so great that this year is almost fully booked!
We’re also continuing to develop new learning products, including 85% Book Hindi & Urdu (First Edition), Hindi Quran (5th Edition), and Hisnul Muslim Urdu (Word for Word).
- To teach the Quran in the easiest possible way for adults, teens, and children in schools, colleges, and madrassahs
- To prepare Quran-centric Islamic studies
- To remove the illiteracy of the Quran from the current generation and to bring up a Quranic generation that can practice as well as convey the message of the Quran to all of humanity
- To present the Quran as it is, i.e., the most interesting and relevant book for day-to-day activities and the most important book for success in this life and in the hereafter
- Our objective is not to produce scholars of the Quran (there are many institutions doing this).
- Our courses are designed to help the common non-Arab Muslim become more aware of Allah’s guidance.
May minds and heart be opened,
The Understand Quran Academy Team