By V. Mullen
“Follow what has been inspired to you (O Muhammad SAW) from your Lord, La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) and turn aside from Al-Mushrikun (unbelievers).” [Quran, 6:106]
We all get inspirations throughout the day, all of which come from Allah (swt). So what will we do with them? Will we daydream, get distracted, and then push the inspiration off to the side, or will we grasp it and take actions, turning the dream into reality?
In Part I of this interview we learned of a nonprofit organization founded just one year ago, an organization that focuses on spreading da’wah and the true message of Islam. In shaa Allah, we also learned about ourselves and how we could turn the smallest idea into a movement that could bring peace to our lives and to others.
8 Steps Toward Putting YOUR Dream into Action
For all of the “dreamers” out there who have a small, simple idea that could make a difference, here are some tips on how to get started from Aysha, may Allah (swt) reward her, the Founder and Director of Humble Hearts.
1. Firstly, please Allah(swt) because you will not be pleased if you displease your creator! Stay consistent and focused on your fard (individual) duties, and be good to those around you. Give the rights of Allah(swt) first before you begin your day.
2. Be ready to work hard and manage your tasks towards your dream and your duties towards your loves ones. Stepping into the field of da’wah is not all glittery, but it involves a lot of organizing and management of tasks and goals.
3. Stay motivated, and ask Allah’s help continuously. Talk to your family about your plans and your passion; in sha Allah if they see the confidence in you for a good cause they will support you. Do not step into anything at the cost of neglecting your duties towards your parents and family. You might have to sometimes adjust your plans according to your family’s needs. Working from home is a really good option.
4. Prioritize your tasks, and do your homework before you execute your plan (research, observe, and study). When you find yourself lost or confused, just note down the points and reframe them later on to set your plans straight.
5. Stay connected with those Muslim sisters who remind you of Allah.
6. Do isthikharah (A spiritually immense prayer, endowing the Muslim with tranquility and restfulness) even for the smallest decision, and make lots of dua.
7. Stay on the haqq (truth)!
8. Lastly, have courage and patience . Nothing happens except by the will of Allah. Recheck your intentions at every step towards your goal, and in sha Allah you will be successful.
Learn more about Humble Hearts and how you can become a part of something greater by connecting with sister Aysha on the Humble Hearts Facebook Page. May Allah (swt) bless us with beneficial knowledge so that we can continue to learn and teach. Ameen.
Praying you will benefit.