Here’s what the latest research says are the learning techniques that actually work:
1. Mixing up different kinds of problems instead of studying them in blocks(Example: Study verbs, nouns, and prepositions in the same study session.)
2. Testing yourself: with every lesson, develop short quizzes to test what you just learned, and keep using these quizzes as you study.
3. Alternating between different study subjects (Example: Study Arabic texts, then switch to reading the Quran in your own language, then practice speaking Arabic.)
4. Asking yourself why a particular thing is true. (Example: When you read in the Quran that the hearts of unbelievers are closed, ask yourself, Why would their hearts be closed?)
5. Explaining to yourself how something works. (Example: Pace the floor and give yourself a lecture on Arabic sentence structure.