Advice from the Holy Quran & the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The best of you is the who learns the Qur’an and teaches it [Bukhari].” Despite the Quran and Hadith motivation, almost 90% of Muslim Non-Arabs do not understand the Qur’an! Let us work together to remove this illiteracy. The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said, “Convey from me even if it is a verse.” It is an order from him. He made it so general that even if we know one verse, we are commanded to convey it. Schools provide a great opportunity and hope to teach the Quran to the next generation in line with the advice from the Quran & Hadith. If the Schools take up the Quran teaching seriously and sincerely and allot prescribed periods and hire qualified teachers, the Quranic illiteracy and ignorance will be removed.
- The Solution is a Structured Quranic Curriculum that is easy to teach & learn
The solution is to implement a structured Quranic Curriculum that is easy and simple to teach and more engaging for students. The following critical features are required:
- The curriculum must focus on Islamic Studies and Quranic Arabic, including grammar and Vocabulary. The Arabic Grammar should be optimal to suit the needs of the students.
- State-of-Art language teaching techniques that make it engaging and easy for children and simple miles
- The Curriculum must have a defined syllabus with Textbooks, Workbooks, projects, and other supporting student materials.
- Teacher Training Courses are a must to train effective teachers
A well-designed and practical teacher training course are required to teach the Quran Curriculum. The teacher is the single most crucial in the education system. It must include the following critical areas:
- Subject Expertise
- How do people learn?
- Lesson Planning
- Student Assessment
- Develop rapport with students, parents, and the community
- Teachers’ personality
- Program Observation & Monitoring
A teaching observation and monitoring program must be in place to successfully implement any educational program in school. Periodic observations and interactions with students & Quran teachers result in a better quality of teaching and learning.
- Benefits of the Quran Curriculum in Schools
Schools struggle with students’ academics and behavioral standards. They invest considerable effort, time, and money to uplift the two critical factors. A well-behaved student becomes a brand, and parents prefer the wholesome growth of their children. The Quranic Curriculum will bless them with the mental peace & stability required to perform in academics and groom them with manners from Seerah & the Quran due to their understanding of the Quran and Seerah.
For more information about Understand Al Quran Academy Curriculum, contact email@example.com or call +91-8897 399 399
About the Author Mohsin Siddiqui works in Understand Al Quran Academy as Director of Academic Research. He has more than 20+ years of experience in teaching and research.