We’re guessing that the series of choices you made to get to where you are now were based on ignorance of the Quran. Why? Because what you’re doing, despite all your arguments, is contrary to Quranic teachings. We can help. But first, let’s have a look at a few points.
- Your life is precious in the eyes of Allah (swt), and so are the lives of others. Be wary of anyone who promises you eternal rewards for sacrificing your life (and destroying the lives of innocent others) in the name of a cause you don’t really understand, especially when they don’t appear too eager to seek that reward themselves. There are clear limits on what constitutes righteous warfare. [Quran, 2:190] Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.
- The best way to win souls to Islam is with calm and respectful teaching and discussion. Nowhere does the Quran suggest that violent acts will advance the influence of its message. [Quran, 16:125] Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.
- You probably abandoned your parents to join the group you’re in now. This is not Islam. Accept your responsibility to your parents, even if they’re not Muslim. [Quran, 17:23] And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as], ‘uff,’ and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word.
- Look before you leap. No matter how you die, you’ll still be accountable to Allah (swt) on the Day of Judgment. [Quran, 27:84] Until, when they arrive [at the place of Judgement], He will say, ‘Did you deny My signs while you encompassed them not in knowledge, or what [was it that] you were doing?’
- True righteousness is way more complicated than empty rituals, and certainly more complicated than committing random acts of violence.[Quran, 2:177] Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.
- Terrorist acts are a form of extreme disobedience to both the letter and the spirit of Islam, a religion of peace. [Quran, 5 :16] Wherewith Allah guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to the Straight Way (Islamic Monotheism).
- Contrary to what your leaders are telling you, it’s better to gain wisdom by studying the Quran and trying to understand it than by repeating and perfecting religious rituals that you don’t understand. [Quran, 2:269] He gives wisdom to whom He wills, and whoever has been given wisdom has certainly been given much good. And none will remember except those of understanding.
We repeat: your life— and your deen— are precious to Allah (swt).
Learning the Quran and teaching it to others is one of the most effective ways we can combat extremism in the ummah and lead others to the right path.
If you’re a beginner, we suggest you start with our Read Quran Course, where you’ll learn on how to read Quran with proper tajweed. After that you can start following our Understand Quran courses, which will help you to learn on how to understand the Quran in an easy way.
Praying you’ll benefit,
The Quran Academy Team